Friday, December 25, 2009

西洋棋








Chess is one of the most widely played games on earth. It is also one of the oldest and is still going strong, having kept people fascinated over thousands of years… I, myself am also one of them.

I started playing chess since form 2. I played chess because I was influenced by 1 of my friends, Songwee. He was a good player when he was still in my school. He got the title of champion when he participated in our school’s chess carnival. I still remember I did participate with him since he persuaded me so SINCERELY… I was kicked out in the first round… At that moment, what I knew about chess was just moving those pieces and didn’t want to lose anyone of my pieces… I remember that my opponent’s pieces were still lesser than my wan leh. =.= How could he win? What a weird game… I still clearly remember my expression when I made the statement that it was a stupid and weird game… Just because I don’t know how to play it well.

After that day, I was determined to be the best chess player in my school, I have already forgotten why I was so ambitious at that time. Maybe I just don’t want to lose… Anyway, I trained almost everyday… I played it in the internet, played with computer’s artificial intelligence ( also known as AI ), read those chess book in bookshop, played with my friends…. Soon, I was able to master chess quite well. I was qualified to compete with that champ… Although there were victories and sometime still defeated by him, but I was very satisfied because I only spent about 3 months working on it.

Last year, chess was very popular in my school. Almost every moment in every day, I could see many of my friends playing in the classroom, in the canteen, at the 3rd pondok… After this friend of mine was transferred to another school, almost nobody could defeat me except for Chuan Song and Yogern, =.= Almost everyday I played with Chuan Song before school started. Last year we were still in the afternoon section. Every time I arrived school about 11:30 am, just to play chess with him. We always managed to play about 2 sets before our prefect’s briefing. And always, all of the friends in the pondok used to give their stupid moves and suicidal ideas to both of us in playing chess. XD

I enjoy in playing chess even until now. Chess is an art. Millions of people play chess, thousands of people visit chess tournaments regularly, hundreds of thousands people study the theory of this game. Actually, chess teaches a person in analyzing, which draws the chess player nearer to science. It also improves the chess player’s thinking and judging ability. It this game, it will surely force one to fight for victory, just look at the sporting spirit, you will know someone’s will power. Chess could also influence someone to think more creatively, think more inventively…

In the game of chess, it could also possibly reveal your opponent’s personality. Chess is a game that will rarely have repeated moves. Chess is made up of different combination of moves in the game process. All those moves depend a lot on individual notion. Different chess player has his own different moves. What type of move the player would make depends on what he is up to. If your opponent is a very cunning and clever in deceiving, usually his move is full of traps and tricks. In the other hand, if he is an unsophisticated person, the move he makes might be very clear cut and boring…

So, to all my friends that used to play chess with me, just be careful in all your moves or else…. Especially for Chuan Song and Songwee… hmm hmm! ^.^

4 comments:

  1. Next year i wan train hard to trash you!! HAHA..

    ReplyDelete
  2. 西洋棋..没有进步的空间了.. ==

    ReplyDelete
  3. legacy: 放马过来,我随时奉陪。。。 =.=

    ReplyDelete
  4. reeves: 明年我带棋来陪你玩,我很久没玩了。哈哈==

    ReplyDelete