Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rubik cube










This is a Rubik cube. The Rubik cube is a 3D mechanical puzzle invented in 1974. It has six faces that are made up of six different colours: blue, white, red, orange, green and yellow. It is originally known as Magic cube. Rubik is the name of the inventor.

Recently, I saw many of my friends are engrossing in this 3D puzzle. I also find it kind of interesting. So instead of borrowing from my friends, I bought myself one. It was a perfect cube when new, but it went chaotic once I took over… I just can’t manage to solve the six faces. Some of my friends manage to twist and solve it with lightning speed. This is because they got the formula, a kind of equation that can explain and solve the cube. When I am holding and twisting this cube, it always takes more than an hour and it has never been completely solved!!!. During the process, I pay attention on how the colours change. After three months of twisting, I just couldn’t figure out how to solve the cube, but I perceive something else…











Life is like a Rubik cube. Whatever choice you make, it will just affect the other side of your life. We just can’t see every aspect in our life. Like a person, he might be very great and perfect at his work place, but when it comes to socializing with friends and family, he might be a loser. Just like a cube, when you try to solve a side of the cube, the other side will probably get worse. Life can change drastically with just a wrong move… So, in life, we must make decision with precision because every thing that happens has the potential to affect the other side of our life…

Even you have a perfectly solved cube, sometimes you just can’t prevent other people from touching it and messing it up again, just like in life....

Playing with a Rubik cube, I learned something: Life is like a journey, every step that you take will lead you to somewhere, whether it’s a desired destination or not, it all depends on the very first move that you make.

Another thing that I learned: Life is a learning process, we do make mistakes and blunders. Importantly is we must realize it and correct it … Try to absorb every essence of life, so that we grow wiser. Instead of solving it with the formula in matters of minutes, why don’t figure it out by myself even it takes months to solve… Just enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment